1. The key is the right pair of shoes
TIP NO. 1: Choose instead colorful shoes, garnished with pearls or a brooch, with vinyl insertions or having a geometrically shaped heel. The shoes shouldn’t be only high heels.
2. Layers over layersAs I mentioned previously, an outfit composed of jeans and a simple top is a basic outfit. You can spot it everywhere. In order to elevate such a look, you need to add more elements. More precisely, use a scarf to tie your hair, use a structured blazer to keep a nice proportion to your silhouette or wear a shirt underneath a dress. All of these will make your outfit pop.
TIP NO.2: Choose to add layers over layers in order to create a complex look.
3. The magic word? Accessories
TIP NO.3: Add a statement belt, a colorful bag, geometric shaped bracelets or oversized earrings to spice up a simple look.
4. Do remember that the rainbow has 7 colors……pthat you can use in your outfits. Colors continue to be on top of the fashion world. And even if neutrals are gaining momentum, you should bring them to life by mixing them with bold hues. Hence, when you create an outfit next time, take into consideration to add a super colorful piece.
TIP NO. 4: Adding colors to your outfit will take it to a whole new level.
5. Red lipstick is like the cherry on the topNothing seems sexier to me than an all-black outfit and red on the lips. Or an all-white outfit with a tint of red on the lips. Red is a fiery color, is the first color to be noticed among other colors.
TIP NO.5: There are a lot of red lipstick shades, choose carefully the one that matches your skin tone.
6. Mix different printsLately, I think this has became like a new rule for me. You can see some examples here, here and here. Mixing different prints is hotter than ever, it truly elevates ones’ basic outfit. For example, in today’s outfit, I chose to mix the floral print on my top with the checkered print on my skirt.
TIP NO.6: Mix different prints in order to get a charming look.
How do you like to elevate your outfits?
You may also like